- JOB ANNOUNCEMENT -
Front Office Receptionist (Bilingual)
Type of Position
Full-time, 40 hours/wk.
As a bilingual Front Office Receptionist for Medical Center Eye Clinic, you will be responsible for answering phones, greeting patients, creating and updating/verifying patient and insurance information in the computer system, collecting/explaining payment policies and billing/collections processes, posting OTC payments into computers system, chart retrieval/delivery and nightly balancing.
You must be fluent in English and Spanish and have a HS diploma or equivalent to qualify for this position. It is preferable to have one or more years of medical reception experience. Experience with EMR is preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, telephone, customer service, organizing, and time management skills are essential.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English and Spanish.
- Ability to read and write medical terminology.
- Ability to actively participate in team oriented processes.
- Basic computer skills including familiarity with electronic medical records.
- Supports and contributes to effective safety and risk management efforts by adhering to established policies and procedures, maintaining a safe environment, promoting accident prevention and identifying and reporting potential liabilities.
- Greet, register, instruct and provide general assistance to patients.
- Obtain demographic and financial information and enter/scan into computer system.
- Relay any relevant medical and/or insurance updates/changes to appropriate departments.
- Collect copay, co-insurance, deductibles and/or past due balances, post into computer system while maintaining and balancing cash drawer.
- Confirm medical chart is complete and financial responsibilities is settled before patient leaves.
- Retrieve incoming faxes daily, work and distribute as appropriate.
- Electronic filing.
- Complete worklog daily.
- Mail welcome packets to patients.
- Complete nightly balancing and daily balancing.
- Customer Service: Calls are answered timely, professionally and respectfully. Applies good listening skills as well as problem solving skills. Accounts are notated thoroughly.
- Maintain/stock beverages and cleanliness of lobby.
- Additional duties as assigned by Practice Manager.
- Attend and participate in all staff meetings.
- Continual talking to people in person or on the telephone. Occasional communication via e-mail.
- Continual hearing in person and on the telephone.
- Vision for close work.
- Ability to sit and operate a computer for long periods of time.
- Noise level consistent with that of a busy medical office setting in a “high traffic” area within the office.
You will be expected to understand and adhere to environmental needs of the office, including:
- Safety requirements (i.e. clothing, equipment required, activities performed) consistent with that of a medical office setting.
- Exposures (i.e. fumes, chemicals, vibrations, humidity, cold, heat, dust noise, blood and body fluids) consistent with that of a medical office setting.
- Operation of equipment, tools, and vehicles consistent with that of a medical office setting.
- Required hygiene standards (food handling, clean, contaminated, and sterile equipment) consistent with that of a medical office setting. Medical Center Eye Clinic strives to keep a fragrance-free environment to benefit those with allergies.
You will report weekly to the Practice Administrator, more often as needed. The Front Office Receptionist (Bilingual) works closely with the billing staff, providers, patients, and outside vendors providing assistance and information as requested. From time to time, Medical Center Eye Clinic staff members may be asked to participate in a Quality Improvement project in addition to their typical job functions.
This job description is intended to describe the general content of, and requirements for this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements, and does not limit the assignment of additional duties at the discretion of the manager or supervisor. It may be used as a tool during future performance evaluations.